Wood Thilsted is an advanced engineering company specialised in structural and geotechnical engineering of offshore and onshore structures. We operate globally with projects located in Northern Europe, Asia and North America and beyond, currently employing 51 people in Denmark and the UK. We offer our clients’ design and structural analysis of fixed and floating offshore foundations
We are looking for a CAD Specialist for Secondary Structures to join our global team.
In this role you’ll:
- Build and manage complex 3D models using Autodesk Inventor.
- Transform conceptual ideas into 3D models and 2D drawings in collaboration with design engineers
- Support the project organisation and client with 3D visualisations and drawings using A360
- Ensure the quality of final drawings before they are sent to the client
- Use your knowledge as CAD expert to support the design team with the latest CAD design technologies
- Take part in the development of in-house engineering software applied for secondary steel design
Whilst your focus will be on CAD deliveries for the Secondary Structures, we believe that you’ll work best, and will stay engaged if you get involved in multiple areas of our projects. We really value the ability to innovate, creating solutions where none previously existed so do expect lots of variety within the role and be prepared to think innovatively.
We are looking for someone who takes initiative and responsibility for their assignments and gets motivated by creating excellent CAD documentation through teamwork. It is essential that you possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise colleagues and other consultants effectively. You’ll also have::
- 2-5 years of relevant experience as a professional CAD specialist
- Proven technical design experience or hold a BA in Engineering
- Preferable experience with secondary steel design and appurtenance design for offshore wind structures
- Experience with BIM software packages
- Experience with structural steel design and solutions as well as fabrication of steel structures
In return, we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work with a large degree of flexibility, develop new competences and work on interesting assignments. The opening applies for our office Bristol, based on local terms and conditions. You should expect some travelling in Northern Europe in relation to your work.