Wood Thilsted is an advanced engineering company specialised in geotechnical and structural engineering of offshore and onshore structures. We operate globally with projects located in Northern Europe, Asia and North America and beyond, currently employing 35 people in Denmark and the UK. We are searching for an ambitious and capable 2D/3D CAD Specialist to join our company.
To our clients, we offer design and structural analysis of fixed and floating offshore foundations, as well as ground engineering services and management advice on wind farm developments. As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to the projects developed by our clients. We also strive to cultivate a strong culture based on mutual trust, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere, and we deliberately organise ourselves to avoid geographical or technical silo mentality.
Areas of responsibility: As a CAD Specialist, your main mission will be to provide high-quality deliverables to our clients in the offshore wind industry relating to CAD 3D models and 2D drawings of offshore wind foundations. In your role you will:
- Build parametric 3D models based on input from designers and your experience with structures
- Project 3D models in to 2D drawings and ensure full integrity of the drawing set
- Work independently and with self-motivation on concept developments if required
- Work in a streamlined way to ensure easy adoption and re-use of component parts from project to project
- Work as a go-to resource and deliver quality work with short notice
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and structural designers to develop innovative solutions
- Take part in the development of the draughting function, software, processes & integration with design
Your primary work location will be Copenhagen, Vejle, Bristol or London, and this is a full-time post, although we are very happy to discuss any requests you might have for flexible working in terms of working hours and location. You can expect occasional travelling in relation to your work. An initial period working more often in Bristol will assist with your integration into the team, and adoption of common draughting standards within the firm.
Your background: You hold a relevant qualification and have experience in industrial structures. You should thrive in an international environment and speak and write English fluently. You have a strong drive and take initiative and responsibility for your assignments and you get motivated by creating excellent results through teamwork.It is essential that you possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with clients and colleagues effectively. Furthermore, it is advantageous if you have:
- 3-5 years experience with Inventor or other 3D CAD software
- Solid experience with layout of drawings and drafting standards for structural or mechanical design
- Experience with offshore wind foundation design
- Ability to foresee potential opportunities or challenges with constructability
- Experience in modelling electrical systems such as cables, junction boxes and electrical components
- Experience in producing site layout plans at various scales
- The ability to prioritize your work and flag potential issues in due time
In return we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work, develop new competences and to work on interesting assignments.
Please apply by 25th May, 2019 using the direct link below where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.