Wood Thilsted is an advancing engineering company specialised in geotechnical and structural engineering of offshore and onshore structures. We are operating globally with projects located in Northern Europe, Asia and North America. The company currently employs 25 working from offices in Denmark and England, and we are searching for a highly ambitious Geotechnical Engineer to join our company.
To our clients, we offer ground engineering services and management advice on wind farm developments, as well as design and structural analysis of foundations. As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to the projects developed by our clients. We also aim to internally have a strong culture based on mutual trust, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere.
Areas of responsibility:
As a geotechnical engineer early in your career you will be providing support to a number of projects across our portfolio of work. You will be under close support and guidance from our senior members of staff, and have the possibility to work towards a professional qualification (eg Chartered Engineer) whilst maintaining control and drive of your own career.
Typical areas of work are likely to include:
- Solving civil engineering problems related to the planning, development, design and construction of offshore wind farms and onshore projects,
- preparation of geotechnical engineering reports and project recommendations and contribute to the development of the overall project programme, budget and risk registers,
- supporting the preparation of 3D ground models, geotechnical interpretive reports and geotechnical design profiles,
- perform seabed mobility and cable burial assessments,
- act as a client representative during offshore geotechnical site investigation campaigns,
- engage in R&D activities, and
- developing in-house engineering software.
The opening applies for either of our offices in Copenhagen, Fredericia or London, free of your preference. However, based on local terms and conditions. There may be some travelling in Northern Europe in relation to your work. Opportunities for short or long-term postings abroad may be a possibility.
You should hold a recent master’s degree in civil, geotechnical engineering or equivalent. You should thrive in an international environment and speak and write English fluently. You have a strong drive and take initiative and responsibility for your assignments and you get motivated by creating excellent results through teamwork.Furthermore, it is advantageous if you:
- Are highly numerate and have experience of developing / writing your own software using programs such as Matlab
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have knowledge/experience with geotechnical engineering
In return we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work, develop new competences, work on interesting assignments.
Please apply by 23rd November 2018, using the direct link below where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.