We are looking for talented Engineers to join us in Summer/Autumn 2019.
Who we are and what we do:
We are Wood Thilsted, a young, ambitious engineering consultancy with focus on geotechnical and structural engineering.
We are currently 25 engineers in three countries working on world-leading designs for offshore wind farms around the world (Northern Europe, Asia and North America), using a combination of advanced engineering methods and clever thinking to develop projects faster, cheaper and with less risk. Additionally we are involved in a number of cutting edge onshore geotechnical projects, involving deep basements and tunnels in challenging conditions.
We spend quite a bit of our time developing our own software and design methods that allow us to challenge the status quo.
What we offer to you as a Graduate:
Close mentoring and support towards chartership with either the ICE or IStructE.
Start of a career in a dynamic company in central London, with many opportunities to grow, develop and be promoted.
You will get project responsibilities and opportunities that can only be provided by a high performing small firm.
Opportunities to work on some of the biggest and best renewable energy projects in the world.
You will be part of a team working on the planning, design and construction of offshore wind farms or challenging onshore project with deep basements and close by tunnels. Depending on your skills and interests you will have the opportunity to gain a multidisciplinary range of experience. You will be under close support and guidance from a more senior member of staff.
Our office and culture is relaxed and supportive. We aim to internally have a strong culture based on mutual trust, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere.
Possibilities to travel whilst supporting international-scale projects and for placements in different countries, including offshore.
Successful candidates will have:
- Minimum 2:1 (hons) degree (or equivalent)
- Degree in Engineering
- Sharp technical understanding and an ambition to develop
- Keenness to communicate and ask questions
- The ability to see engineering problems within their wider context
- Proactivity and the ability to work independently
- Great collaborative problem solving skills
- Appetite to challenge the status-quo and push boundaries
- Passion for engineering
- Excellent English and report writing capabilities
- Right to work in the UK
Additionally, they would ideally have:
- Strong programming skills
- Exposure to a commercial engineering environment for either onshore or offshore projects
- Previous internship or placement experience in engineering
- 1. By 1st December 2018: Please send us your CV, covering letter with modules and results from your course to date. These should be uploaded using the “apply” link below
- 2. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to our London office to meet us – with offers for successful candidates issued in the following fortnight