Who we are and what we do: We are Wood Thilsted, a young, ambitious engineering consultancy with focus on geotechnical and structural engineering. We are currently over 40 engineers in four countries working on world-leading designs for offshore wind farms around the world (Northern Europe, Asia and North America), using a combination of advanced engineering methods and clever thinking to develop projects faster, cheaper and with less risk. Additionally we are involved in a number of cutting edge onshore geotechnical projects, involving deep basements and tunnels in challenging conditions. We invest in developing our own software and design methods that allow us to challenge and improve the status quo.
What we offer to you as a Graduate: As a geotechnical engineer early in your career you will be providing support to a number of projects across our portfolio of work. You will be under close support and guidance from our senior members of staff whilst maintaining control and drive of your own career.
- Start of a career in a dynamic company, with many opportunities to grow, develop and be promoted.
- You will get project responsibilities and opportunities that can only be provided by a high performing small firm.
- Opportunities to work on some of the biggest and best renewable energy projects in the world.
- Close mentoring and support towards chartership with either the ICE or IStructE (for UK Graduates).
You will be part of a team working on the planning, design and construction of offshore wind farms or challenging onshore project with deep basements and close by tunnels. Depending on your skills and interests you will have the opportunity to gain a multidisciplinary range of experience. You will be under close support and guidance from senior members of staff.
Our offices and culture are relaxed and supportive. We aim to internally have a strong culture based on mutual trust, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere.
The opening applies for any of our offices in Copenhagen, Vejle, London or Bristol, based on local terms and conditions. Possibilities exist to travel whilst supporting international-scale projects and for placements in different countries.
The opening applies for any of our offices in Copenhagen, Vejle, London or Bristol, based on local terms and conditions. There may be some travelling in Northern Europe, North America or Asia in relation to your work. Opportunities for short or long-term postings abroad may be a possibility.
Successful candidates will have:
- Masters in Civil Engineering
- Sharp technical understanding and an ambition to develop
- Keenness to communicate and ask questions
- The ability to see engineering problems within their wider context
- Proactivity and the ability to work independently
- Great collaborative problem solving skills
- Appetite to challenge the status-quo and push boundaries
- Passion for engineering
- Excellent English and report writing capabilities.
Additionally, you would ideally have:
- Specialisation in geotechnical engineering
- Strong programming skills
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous internship or placement experience in engineering.
Please apply using the direct link below or at http://woodthilsted.com/careers/ where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.