Wood Thilsted is a consulting engineering company specialised in geotechnical and structural engineering within the offshore and onshore industry. We are operating globally with projects located in Asia, North America and Northern Europe. We currently employ a staff of 50, working from offices in Denmark, Japan, Taiwan and the UK with a continued growth foreseen in the near future.
As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to our clients’ projects. We also aim to have a strong culture based on mutual trust, honesty, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere. Due to the success and growth of the company, we are searching for an ambitious Graduate Structural Engineer to join Wood Thilsted Team and to support the future development of the company.
Areas of responsibility: As a Graduate Structural Engineer, your main assignments will be to provide high-quality deliverables to our clients in the offshore wind industry relating to structural design of foundations. In your role you will:
- Carry out analysis and design of steel structures for fixed and floating offshore wind turbine foundations.
- Contribute towards and develop your competence in structural design.
- Collaborate and contribute as a key part of the structural design team to deliver world-class renewable energy projects.
- Use your programming skills and/or finite element capabilities to enhance current designs or build new models providing a state-of-the-art designed product to the client.
- Use your knowledge to prepare engineering documentation outlining engineering analyses and recommendations, and contribute to the development of the overall project programme, budget and risk registers.
- Take part in, or be responsible for, the development of in-house engineering software applied for structural design.
The primary work location will be in central Tokyo, Japan. You may expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Your background: You should preferably hold a master’s degree or higher in civil, mechanical, load or geotechnical engineering. You should thrive in an international environment and be fluent verbally and in writing both in English and Japanese. Moreover, you should have a strong drive and take initiative/responsibility for your assignments and you get motivated by creating excellent results through teamwork.
Furthermore, it is advantageous if you:
- 0-3 years of relevant experience as a professional structural engineer.
- Knowledge of relevant Japanese design codes and standards.
- Good to excellent communication skills in Japanese and English.
- Desire for making the world a greener and more sustainable place for future generations.
In return we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work, develop new competences and work on interesting projects.
Please apply by using the direct link below or at http://woodthilsted.com/careers/ where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.