Wood Thilsted is an advancing engineering company specialised in geotechnical and structural engineering of offshore and onshore structures. We are operating globally with projects located in Northern Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. The company currently employs 50 highly skilled engineers working from offices in Denmark and the UK, and we are searching for a highly ambitious Numerical Specialist to join our company.
To our clients, we offer ground engineering services and management advice on wind farm developments, as well as design and structural analysis of foundations. As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to the projects developed by our clients. We also aim to internally have a strong culture based on mutual trust, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere.
Areas of responsibility: As a Numerical Specialist, your main objective will be to engage and advise on the design, implementation and operation of engineering software systems required to support to our clients in the offshore wind industry.
Typical areas of work are likely to include:
- Engage in setting out the overall software architecture strategy required for streamlining of data formats and engineering software building across the company.
- Participate as a resource in the design, implementation and operation of software systems.
- Facilitate the use of basic software engineering practices, including version control and automatic testing.
- Leading the development and deliverables of larger software and modelling-related projects.
The opening applies for either of our offices in Copenhagen, Vejle or London, based on local terms and conditions.
Your background: You should hold a master’s degree or PhD within a relevant field such as e.g. engineering, physics, mathematics, computer science. You should thrive in an international environment and speak and write English fluently. You have a strong drive and take initiative and responsibility for your assignments and you get motivated by creating excellent results through teamwork.
Furthermore, it is advantageous if you:
- have extensive experience with programming and software architecture.
- have experience with relevant software, such as Matlab and Python.
- has knowledge of parallel computing, clusters and cloud computing.
- design of efficient algorithms of engineering optimisation problems.
In return we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work, develop new competences, work on interesting assignments.
Please apply using the direct link below or at http://woodthilsted.com/careers/ where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.