Wood Thilsted is a consulting engineering company specialised in geotechnical and structural engineering within the offshore and onshore industry. We are operating globally with projects located in Asia, North America and Northern Europe. We currently employ a staff of 50, working from offices in Denmark, Japan, Taiwan and the UK with a continued growth foreseen in the near future.
As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to our clients’ projects. We also aim to have a strong culture based on mutual trust, honesty, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere. Due to the success and growth of the company, we are searching for an ambitious Project Manager preferably with an Engineer background to be a part of the Wood Thilsted Team and to support the future development of the company.
Areas of responsibility: As a Project Manager, your main assignments will be to assure that we provide high-quality engineering deliverables with due care to our clients in the offshore wind industry. In your role you will:
- Working closely with the project design team and act as a project manager for the design and engineering of foundation for offshore windfarm projects primarily located in Japan.
- Prepare detailed documentation regarding the development of the project programme, resource/budget, risk register and general project management reporting.
- Prepare scope of work, tender and contracts for engineering activities related to design and construction of offshore wind turbine foundations.
- Liaise with clients and other consultants and maintain/develop our strong network within the industry.
- Collaborate and contribute as a key part of the structural design team to deliver world-class renewable energy projects with due care.
- Develop and deliver the design of primary and secondary structures for offshore wind turbine foundations.
The primary work location will be in central Tokyo, Japan. You may expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Your background: You should preferably hold a master’s degree or higher in civil, mechanical or geotechnical engineering. You should thrive in an international environment and be fluent verbally and in writing both in English and Japanese. Moreover, you should have a strong drive and take initiative/responsibility for your assignments and you get motivated by creating excellent results through teamwork. It is essential that you possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with clients and other consultants effectively.
Furthermore, it is advantageous if you:
- 5-10 years of relevant experience as a professional engineer, e.g. harbour structures, onshore structures, etc.
- Have a solid understanding of Client liaison.
- Good to excellent communication skills in Japanese and English.
- Solid understanding of the Japanese way of life and culture.
- Good understanding of relevant Japanese design codes and standards.
- Experience in developing proposals for engineering contracts.
- Experience with fabrication and installation processes. It is not a prerequisite to have engineering experience in the offshore wind industry.
It is not a prerequisite to have engineering experience in the offshore wind industry.
In return we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work, develop new competences and work on interesting projects.
Please apply by using the direct link below or at http://woodthilsted.com/careers/ where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.