Wood Thilsted is an advancing engineering company specialised in geotechnical and structural engineering of offshore and onshore structures. We are operating globally with projects located in Northern Europe, Asia and North America. The company currently employs 26 working from offices in Denmark and England, and we are searching for a highly ambitious Geotechnical Engineer to join our company.
To our clients, we offer ground engineering services and management advice on wind farm developments, as well as design and structural analysis of foundations. As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to the projects developed by our clients. We also aim to internally have a strong culture based on mutual trust, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere.
Areas of responsibility: As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer, your main objective will be to provide high-quality geotechnical support to our clients in the onshore industry and the offshore wind industry.
Typical areas of work are likely to include:
- Solving civil engineering problems related to the planning, development, design and construction of offshore wind farms and onshore projects,
- Scoping, contracting, coordination and management of the survey activities and collation of information
- Preparation of geotechnical engineering reports and project recommendations and contribute to the development of the overall project programme, budget and risk registers,
- Supporting the preparation of 3D ground models, geotechnical interpretive reports and geotechnical design profiles,
- liaise with clients and maintain our strong network within the industry.
The opening applies for either of our offices in Copenhagen, Fredericia or London, free of your preference. However, based on local terms and conditions. There may be some travelling in Northern Europe, North America or Asia in relation to your work. Opportunities for short or long-term postings abroad may be a possibility.
Your background: You should hold a master’s degree in civil or geotechnical engineering or equivalent. You should thrive in an international environment and speak and write English fluently. You have a strong drive and take initiative and responsibility for your assignments and you get motivated by creating excellent results through teamwork.
Furthermore, it is advantageous if you:
- Proven experience in managing projects, preferably with strong offshore site investigation content.
- Have a sound understanding of offshore site investigations and preferably a professional background in geophysical or geotechnical engineering.
- Have appreciation of planning and environmental issues and activities associated with development of large offshore projects.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with clients and other consultants effectively,
- have minimum 5-10 years of relevant experience as a professional engineer,
- have computer programming experience, e.g. MatLab, is preferred.
- have experience with design codes/guidelines such as API, Eurocode, DIN, DNV-OS-J101, and
- have experience with soil structure interaction design methodologies.
In return we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work, develop new competences, work on interesting assignments.
Please apply by 23rd November 2018, using the direct link below where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.