Wood Thilsted is an advancing engineering company specialised in geotechnical and structural engineering of offshore and onshore structures. We operate globally with projects located in Northern Europe, Asia and North America and beyond. The company currently employs 25 people working from offices in Denmark and the UK, and we are searching for a highly ambitious Senior Structural Engineer to join our company.
To our clients, we offer design and structural analysis of offshore foundations, as well as ground engineering services and management advice on wind farm developments. As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to the projects developed by our clients. We also aim to internally have a strong culture based on mutual trust, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere.
Areas of responsibility: As our Senior Structural Engineer, your main objective will be to provide high-quality deliverables to our clients and lead projects in the offshore wind industry relating to structural design of foundations and substations. In your role you will:
- Provide a technical and project management lead for foundation design projects, working closely with a small team to deliver world-class solutions
- Liaise with clients and other consultants and maintain our strong network within the industry
- Prepare scope of work, tender and contracts for engineering activities related to design and construction of offshore wind turbine foundations
- Deliver the design of offshore wind turbine foundations and ensure third-party certification
- Use your knowledge to prepare detailed engineering reports and memos documenting engineering analyses and recommendations and contribute to the development of the overall project programme, budget and risk register
- Take part in, or be responsible for, the development of in-house engineering software applied for structural design
The opening applies for our offices in Copenhagen, Fredericia or London, based on local terms and conditions. You should expect some travelling in Northern Europe in relation to your work. Opportunities for short or long-term postings abroad may be a possibility.
Your background: You should hold a master’s degree in civil engineering or equivalent. You should thrive in an international environment and speak and write English fluently. You will have a strong drive and take initiative and responsibility for your assignments and get motivated by creating excellent results through teamwork. It is essential that you possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with clients and other consultants effectively. Furthermore, it is advantageous if you have:
- 5-10 years of relevant experience as a professional structural engineer
- Solid experience with primary and secondary steel design for offshore structures
- Experience with both monopiles and jacket foundation concepts and an understanding of design processes
- Solid understanding of relevant design codes and standards such as DNVGL , Eurocode 3, ISO 19902, etc
- Experience in developing proposals for engineering contracts
- Experience with application of 3D FE for structural analysis
- Experience with fabrication and installation processes for offshore foundations.
In return we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work with a large degree of flexibility, develop new competences and work on interesting assignments.
Please apply by 23rd November 2018, using the direct link below where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.