Wood Thilsted is an advanced engineering company specialised in structural and geotechnical engineering of offshore and onshore structures. We operate globally with projects located in Northern Europe, Asia and North America and beyond, currently employing 61 people in Denmark and the UK. We are searching for an ambitious and capable Senior Structural Engineer to join our company.
Whilst your focus will be on the Secondary Structures, we believe that you’ll work best, and will stay engaged if you get involved in multiple areas of our projects. We really value the ability to innovate, creating solutions where none previously existed, so if that sounds like you, please don’t be shy about telling us. The opening applies for our offices in Copenhagen, Vejle, Aarhus, London or Bristol, based on local terms and conditions. You should expect some travelling in Northern Europe in relation to your work and occasionally further afield.
In this role you will:
- Provide a technical and project lead for foundation design projects, focussing on the Secondary Structure, working closely with a small team, using 3D modelling and a strong understanding of offshore design to deliver world-class solutions
- Liaise with clients and other consultants and maintain our strong network within the industry
- Prepare scope of work, tenders and contracts for engineering activities related to design and construction of Secondary Structures for offshore wind turbine foundations
- Deliver the Secondary Steel design for offshore wind turbine foundations and ensure third-party certification
- Use your knowledge to prepare detailed engineering reports and memos documenting engineering analyses and contribute to the development of the overall project programme, budget and risk register
- Take part in, or lead, the development of in-house engineering software applied for secondary steel design
You will have a combination of high-quality project-running and technical design skills and will endeavour to offer a mix of technical and management work that fits your career aspirations.
You will have a strong drive and take initiative and responsibility for your assignments and get motivated by creating excellent results through teamwork. It is essential that you possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with clients and other consultants effectively. Your background should include:
- 5-10 years’ of relevant experience as a professional offshore structural engineer in offshore wind
- Holding a Masters’ degree in mechanical or civil engineering or equivalent
- Being fluent in English as either a first or second language
- Solid experience with secondary steel design and appurtenance design for offshore wind structures
- Experience with both monopiles and jacket foundation concepts and an understanding of design processes
- Solid understanding of relevant design codes and standards such as DNVGL, Eurocode 3, ISO 19902, etc.
- Solid experience with application of 3D FE for structural analysis
- Experience with fabrication processes of Secondary Structures for offshore structures.
In return, we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work with a large degree of flexibility, develop new competences and work on interesting assignments.