Wood Thilsted is an advanced engineering company specialised in structural and geotechnical engineering of offshore and onshore structures. We operate globally with projects located in Northern Europe, Asia and North America and beyond, currently employing 35 people in Denmark and the UK.
We are searching for ambitious and capable Senior Structural Engineers to join our company.
To our clients, we offer design and structural analysis of fixed and floating offshore foundations, as well as ground engineering services and management advice on wind farm developments. As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to the projects developed by our clients. We also aim to internally have a strong culture based on mutual trust, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere, and we deliberately organise ourselves to avoid geographical or technical silo mentality.
Areas of responsibility: As one of our Senior Structural Engineer, your main objective will be to provide high-quality deliverables to our clients and lead projects in the offshore wind industry relating to structural design of offshore structures. The main focus of your role will be the secondary structure. In your role you will:
- Provide a technical and project management lead for foundation design projects, focussing on the secondary structure, working closely with a small team, using 3D modelling and a strong understanding of offshore working to deliver world-class solutions
- Liaise with clients and other consultants and maintain our strong network within the industry
- Prepare scope of work, tenders and contracts for engineering activities related to design and construction of secondary structures for offshore wind turbine foundations
- Deliver the secondary steel design for offshore wind turbine foundations and ensure third-party certification
- Use your knowledge to prepare detailed engineering reports and memos documenting engineering analyses and contribute to the development of the overall project programme, budget and risk register
- Take part in, or lead, the development of in-house engineering software applied for secondary steel design
You will have a combination of high quality project-running and technical design skills and we endeavour to offer a mix of technical and management work that fits your career aspirations. Whilst your focus will be on the secondary structure, we believe that you’ll work best, and will stay engaged if you get involved in multiple areas of our projects. We really value the ability to innovate, creating solutions where none previously existed, so if that sounds like you, please don’t be shy about telling us. Opportunities also exist for long or short term postings abroad.
Opportunities also exist for long or short term postings abroad.
The opening applies for our offices in Copenhagen, Vejle, London or Bristol, based on local terms and conditions. You should expect some travelling in Northern Europe in relation to your work and occasionally further afield.
Your background: You should hold a master’s degree in mechanical/civil engineering or equivalent. You should thrive in an international environment and speak and write English fluently. You will have a strong drive and take initiative and responsibility for your assignments and get motivated by creating excellent results through teamwork.It is essential that you possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with clients and other consultants effectively. Furthermore, it is advantageous if you have:
- 5-10 years of relevant experience as a professional offshore structural engineer
- Solid experience with secondary steel design and appurtenance design for offshore structures
- Experience with both monopiles and jacket foundation concepts and an understanding of design processes
- Experience with the design of floating structures and mooring systems
- Solid understanding of relevant design codes and standards such as DNVGL , Eurocode 3, ISO 19902, etc
- Experience in developing proposals for engineering contracts
- Experience with application of 3D FE for structural analysis
- Experience with fabrication processes of secondary structures for offshore foundations.
In return we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work with a large degree of flexibility, develop new competences and work on interesting assignments.
Please apply by 25th May, 2019 using the direct link below where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.