Wood Thilsted is an engineering company specialising in structural and geotechnical engineering of offshore wind farm developments in Northern Europe, Asia and North America. The company currently has 25 employees working from offices in Denmark, the UK and Taiwan with continued strong growth foreseen into 2019.
To our clients, we offer ground engineering services and management advice on wind farm developments, as well as design and structural analysis of foundations. As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to the projects developed by our clients. We also aim to internally have a strong culture based on mutual trust, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere. Due to the success and growth of the company we are seeking an ambitious Structural Engineer to join us to further develop the company.
Areas of responsibility: As a Structural Engineer, your main mission will be to provide high-quality deliverables to our clients in the offshore wind industry relating to structural design of foundations and substations. In your role you will:
- Develop and deliver the design of secondary structures for offshore wind turbine foundations, ensure third-party certification and follow-up during fabrication and installation
- Contribute towards and develop your competence in primary steel structural design
- Collaborate and contribute as a key part of the structural design team to deliver world-class renewable energy projects
- Liaise with clients and other consultants to develop innovative approaches and solutions
- Use your knowledge to prepare detailed engineering reports and memos documenting engineering analyses and recommendations and contribute to the development of the overall project programme, budget and risk registers
- Take part in, or be responsible for, the development of in-house engineering software applied for structural design
The primary work location will be Copenhagen, Fredericia or London. You can expect some travelling in Northern Europe in relation to your work. Opportunities for short or long-term postings abroad are likely to occur.
Your background: You shall hold a master’s degree in civil or mechanical engineering. You should thrive in an international environment and speak and write English fluently. You have a strong drive and take initiative and responsibility for your assignments and you get motivated by creating excellent results through teamwork.It is essential that you possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with clients and other consultants effectively. Furthermore, it is advantageous if you have:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience as a professional structural engineer
- Substantial experience with secondary steel design and appurtenance design for offshore structures
- Experience with both monopiles and jacket foundation concepts
- Experience using relevant design codes such as DNV-ST-0126, Norsok N-004, ISO 19902, Eurocode 3 or API RP 2A in a project context
- Have experience with application of 2D and 3D FE for structural analysis
- Experience with fatigue design and lifetime estimations
- Have familiarity with fabrication and installation processes for offshore foundations
In return we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work, develop new competences, work on interesting assignments.
Please apply by 23rd November 2018, using the direct link below where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.